Monday, April 3, 2023

Dental Veterinarians

Did I tell you about my dentist appointment last week? I did? Well, I'm sure I didn't tell you enough, so pull up a chair.

I'm getting crowns and a bridge, so they wanted to make molds of my teeth. As any of you who have had teeth molds made know, the excess of whatever gunk dentists use to make them tends to make you gag. So of course I began to gag. The dental assistant instructed me to 'breath through your nose and wiggle your toes'. Very Suessian. "It distracts the brain from the gag reflex," she somewhat helpfully explained. 

Consequently, I tried my best to become a nose breather and wiggling my nine-and-a halfs, wondering all the while where the candid camera was mounted, expecting to become the next internet sensation.

Later, the dentist and the DA (dental assistant - not what you just thought) were visually examining the alignment of my teeth. I kept my mouth closed while the dentist pulled my lips back with his fingers to see what things looked like. All I could think was, so this is what a horse feels like. Which leads me to the question:

Are dentists and vets all that different?


No comments: