Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mom demands to golf

I was sitting on the porch with Mom on Sunday; it was about 12:45. She always wants to go somewhere, and for the third time in ten minutes she asked me where we could go. I had been putting her off as I knew my brother was taking her to our sister's house at 1.

When she asked the fourth time I answered, "Well, let's go golfing." I said it as a joke of course. I had said it joking before in fact. She usually wrinkles up her nose in disdain at the idea.

But it turns out she can still joke too. "Okay," she replied this time, "But I'll have to borrow your clubs."

Going along with it I explained, "You can't. It's against the rules to use another player's clubs."

She got a stern look and pointed her thumb at herself. "Do you think they'll tell me no?" she declared.

We didn't go golfing. But it is cool that we can still playfully interact.

No comments: