Saturday, July 24, 2021

Really Cleveland?

The Guardians? You really intend to call your baseball team the Cleveland Guardians?

I'm just going to say it straight it out: it's a bloody stupid name. I don't care what you think about the old Indians moniker, Guardians is inane. It simply reeks of trying to go way, way out of their, uh, way to be inoffensive. Had the Pastels already been taken? How about the Melt Into The Backgrounds?

Spiders would be better. At least there's an historic precedent for it. If you're going to take on a losers' name at least Spiders has merit, losers that they were. Or go way back and become the Cleveland Forest Citys, at team which briefly existed in the 1870s. But the Guardians?

I'm glad I got my Chief Wahoo cap before all this nonsense started.

No comments: