Monday, December 6, 2021

Save The Date

For all of you who are interested, Sunday December 19 at 7:30 on your local PBS station will be this year's free showing of the classic Charlie Brown Christmas special. Even though we have it on DVD and can stream it (though streaming, whatever that is, is still something I can't seem to wrap my head around let alone manage to do efficiently) I still make the effort to watch it on free TV.

Part of it is only the old school guy in me coming out. Many if not most of us remember, and quite fondly, how the TV Guide served as our entertainment schedule way back when. If you missed a special you were out of luck for an entire year as to catching it again. I'm not, or at least don't intend to, argue in any way that this 'streaming' thing is wrong or bad. On the whole it really is good. Still, sentimentality...

So anyway, I'm going to watch Charlie Brown, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, on PBS in thirteen days. The childhood vibes come shining through until yet watching a revered show at a scheduled date such as that. Undoubtedly I will watch it again with family on Christmas Day via DVD or stream. But if you want to experience something as it once were, mark December 19 on you calendar.

No comments: