Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Young Marty Schools Old Marty

Sweet gherkins. Sweet, sweet gherkins. You know, those little pickles that are soaked in some kind of brine and come out oh-so-sweet? I have rediscovered them.

As a small child, me Mom used to say that whenever her or me Pops came back from major grocery shopping (and with seven of us rug rats there were few minor grocery trips) and set the bags on the kitchen table, I would climb on a chair and begin unloading. Not to actually help, good Heavens, but in search of the fresh jar of sweet pickles which I knew were coming. When discovered, I stopped helping and waited, patiently, I assure you, for the one of the adults in the room to stop that nonsense of putting things away and open that jar for me.

Young Marty was pretty smart, at least about some things. As I have recently come back into a love of sweet gherkins, he's surely able to teach Old Marty a bit. Although Old Marty can open the jar on his own. 

Quiet Ron.

No comments: