Friday, June 3, 2022

Old Man Coffee

One of my little pleasures in life has been getting a large coffee at the first convenient gas station or 24 hour donut shop or whatever when I begin a road trip. Then I was dinged for $2.32 at a truck stop for a 24 ounce coffee which had been $1.69 for who knows how long. I must admit the sudden leap in cost gave me a minor shock.

Consequently, on my most recent journey I grabbed a large insulated cup from my pantry and made two cups of hot java in my Keurig, as it took two to fill the mug. All the while I was quite approvingly proud of myself. Indeed, rather arrogantly proud and self satisfied.

I was using coffee which was already paid for.

I wouldn't have to stop within the first half hour of the trip. Think of the time I gained!

I was saving seventy three cents on the deal. Seventy Three cents, mind you. I'd have killed for 73 cents when I was a boy.

Who needs that fancy coffee from fancy coffeemakers anyway? Sumatran bold and Columbian supreme and Arabica dark roast, hah. I was enjoying Marty's made at home brew.

Yep. I was doing all the right things for all the right reasons. Yessiree.

Then I thought, you are becoming an old man, aren't you?

Hell, the coffee still tasted good.


No comments: