Saturday, March 23, 2024

Another Weather Rant

You are all probably sick of my complaining about climate change and the weather. Well, click off this page or buckle your seat belt, because I'm about to do it again.

Being an old guy I'm also a weather wonk. That means that all this past week I kept tabs on the forecast, which assured me Detroit would have a little to no snow accumulation yesterday, Friday March 22. This prediction was still on about 12 hours before Friday dawned.

So imagine my surprise (not) when I found our cars covered in white in the early morning, and around a half inch of snow on the grass and sidewalks. This snow continued until just before Noon, and was heavy at times. I'm guessing we had a couple inches total, maybe three. This, again, after being told to expect no accumulation a half day earlier.

For the umpteenth time, this is why I do not and will not believe the climate change fanatics. You can't give me an accurate snowfall total the day before Friday but we're all doomed in 80 years. 

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Tell me one more time (because I didn't hear it the first two dozen times) that weather is only part of climate. Well, it's clearly the biggest part of it. If you can't get a forecast right in the near term I'm within reason to not trust your prognostications on the distant future. It's convenient too that your predictions are so far beyond your own expiration date that you ain't gonna be around to pay the piper.

But your kids and grandkids will. Rant over. For today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You want believe this but we have some lilies already blooming and some be others ready to bloom and it is unusual cause they are about a month ahead of what is expected so we hold our breathe cause we don’t want a freeze but our weather is about a month ahead of itself and everything is up 4-5 inches ready to bloom and y’all got snow , now ain’t that something,really our weather here is unpredictable to but our spring has been here for 3-4 weeks and we been holding our breath ! Love to all aunt bob