Saturday, March 9, 2024

That Laugh

All right now, I'm beginning to grow paranoid. Well, more paranoid, or paranoid in another direction, but that's beside the point.

Remember this and this blog post from not that long ago? I explained how I have been told that I have a distinct voice and laugh which makes me memorable. Well, it's happened again.

I played in a curling tournament in Chatham, Ontario yesterday. I haven't been in the Chatham Granite Club in 6 or 7 years. We placed second with a win and a tie. Beyond that, I had a local come up to me and say, "Good to see you again, Marty! I heard that laugh and knew you were back."

As I've said before, it's great to be recognized and remembered. I suppose I am happy that I can make that much of a (hopefully positive) impression on folks. Still, it can cause a guy to be self conscious. 

Will it stop me? Nah. Might as well be known for something.

No comments: