Monday, February 18, 2019

Sunday morning walkin' round

I went to Meijer yesterday morning to pick up a couple things. No big deal right? I go in, I grab what I want, I pay for everything, I leave. And I can't find my van in the parking lot.

At first, of course, you figure you're simply all turned around. But after going up and down a few aisles frantically clicking your clicker, you begin to think the inevitable: someone stole your car.

By then I was beginning to get mad. I was thinking: I can't believe this! On a Sunday morning no less! Don't thieves sleep too? And who would want that old wreck of a van of mine anyway? A maroon 2000 Chevy Venture with 240,000 miles on it. Why, it looks just like this one here next to me.

This one here next to me. I was standing right next to the stupid thing. To make it official I clicked my clicker. The old girl winked at me playfully.

I have no idea how many times I must have simply looked beyond it. I have no idea why I wasn't hearing the alarm chirp before. And I was still mad.

At myself. Jeez.

No comments: