Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Don't confuse the old guy

Last week I found myself needing a red pullover shirt. As I ain't hell on pretty (thank you Grandpa Joe!) and as they have decent clothes, I went to the local Salvation Army store to see what I might find.

I found the ideal shirt too: a nice red pullover which fit well. It was nearly new in fact. After discovering an equally nice Detroit Tigers tee and a tie dye shirt from Wisconsin Dells (I rock tie dye I'll have you know) it was off to the cashier.

The cash register had a readout which the customer could see; nothing odd or unusual about that. Yet I noticed as she rang up my items that the words 'mens blue shirt' appeared on the readout. "I had a red shirt, didn't I?" I asked the young woman.

"Yes sir."

"But the thing just said it's blue."

The cashier explained that the tag with the price on it was blue. It had to do with how they coded their sales.

Okay, that made sense. I was only confused for a moment, because I knew the shirt was not blue.

No comments: