Saturday, February 2, 2019

Pops and Joe and Me (Second time this week)

Nope, I ain't the man me Pops nor me Grandpa Joe was. I paid my mechanic today to put a battery in my van even though I knew a battery was all it needed. I mean, it's been cold this week and I don't have a nice warm building to work in. The old barn never gets warm when the weather's frigid. And we would have had to open the big doors to get my van in anyway.

I know that wouldn't have stopped Dad or Joe from putting a battery in one of their vehicles. Maybe I am wimping out the older I get: I'm sure I'm wimping out compared to them. But, geez, the cold.

Still, my brother and I towed the van to the mechanic, using a tow rope as is our Cosgriff specialty, legality be damned. That counts for something, right? I haven't totally, completely wimped out.

But I'm gravitating towards it. Sorry, venerable progenitors.

No comments: