Sunday, May 12, 2019

An Electric Eel Monday

Tomorrow morning I make the trek to Electric Eel in Springfield, Ohio. There's nothing unusual about that; I do it virtually weekly. But this time it will be different. I'm going in the wee hours of a Monday morning.

In forty some years, and very much more frequently of late, I honestly can't remember if I've ever made the trip at the start of a week. Typically, I go midweek, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I distinctly recall going on the occasional Friday as well. Yet Monday...I don't believe I've ever made a Monday trip.

That it's a relatively unimportant thing I will not argue. Still, it is going to feel odd walking out the door at 1 or 2 o'clock tomorrow morning to go to the plant. In a weird way, I'm looking forward to this trip more than any in along time. I'm sure it's a good way to begin the week.

No comments: