Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A diamond in the rust.

Well, I've gone and done it. I've went and bought a new car.

Okay, it's not a new car. Marty don't buy new cars. There ain't no style points for how you get places, and I ain't hell on pretty as me Grandpa Joe used to say. So it's a used car. But it's new to me.

2007 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. 125,497 actual miles. Yes, actual. Seventeen hundred bucks. Drives great all the way around, and the front end feels solid. The AC is strong. Poor AC wouldn't have been a deal breaker but AC is a nice perk. I do have some taste for frivolities.

There's some rust under the sliding doors on each side and a little around the driver's side rear taillight. That don't bother me none; refer to me Grandpa's quote up above. If I really become inspired I might sand it and spray a spot of paint on it. Might. It is intended solely as a work van.

It's at the alarm place having an alarm installed as we speak. Why? Because quite honestly I'll often have equipment in it worth more than the vehicle.

I won't really know for several weeks if what I have is all that good, of course. But I'm confident that I have a diamond in the, uh, rust.

No comments: