Saturday, June 8, 2019

A review of an adventuresome but otherwise dull Friday

Yesterday, Friday, June 7, 2019, was a routine day in the life of Charles Martin Cosgriff. I know because I am he who lived it.

It began earnestly if early enough at a little after 1 o'clock in the morning. I woke before my alarm, ran through the shower, and was on my way to Electric Eel Manufacturing as is my wont once or twice per week. I drove about thirty miles and stopped for a coffee at a Love's Truck Stop simply because I had never had Love's coffee before. I was bitterly disappointed. I should have went to the next exit for the 24 hour Tim Horton's I knew very well was there.

Fog shrouded my journey, particularly after I had reached US Route 68 just south of Findlay, Ohio. One feels isolated and alone in the wee hours of the morning when it is pitch black and you are moving through a ground cloud. I sipped my coffee because I will not throw out even bad coffee paid for. It was still bitter.

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel was enjoyable as I sat with a good friend. Biscuits and gravy. Them's hard to beat. The coffee was hot, smooth. No bitterness. I was thankful for that.

I loaded my order at Eel with the help of the shipping clerk. On my way home I made without event deliveries at both Lima and Toledo, Ohio. Not one but two cars with Alaska plates shared the road with me. Though unusual, it was not earth shattering. I've seen Alaska plates before.

Back at the Shop I unloaded, and dealt with three customers, garnering a total of $235 from them. I've done better, much better, yet it still put me $235 ahead of where I have found myself on many a day. It helped dissipate the bitterness I still felt over Love's coffee.

I went home, and it occurred to me that a review of my day might make a mildly interesting if only time killing and space filling blog post. So I did so. Sometimes it is the best one can do. I excised the dull parts just the same.

No comments: