Monday, May 24, 2021

What to do in Hessel

Nothing. But that's not a bad thing.

Okay, to say nothing isn't really true. There's always something to do no matter where you are, the refrains of your typical teenager notwithstanding. In my case, in the case of Hessel, the nothing to do is in fact something.

I read. So far I've read two Ellery Queen books and a book on the aftermath of World War II in Asia. I've read the Sunday paper and done the Sunday crossword puzzles (still in pencil, Pops). Sometimes I just sit on the porch and sip coffee. 

I watched a hockey game when I actually turned on the TV Saturday night (Vegas won) and listened to two baseball games in the garage. I've even cleared the driveway of cedar tree debris (yes, I was going for the rhyming alliteration there) and a bit of overgrown grass. That last bit was certainly not the nothing I praise. But I felt rather satisfied at the appearance of the driveway when I was done.

Today I will read a little more and finish what food I have, and return home tomorrow. This week, Tuesday is my Monday. I'm okay with that.


No comments: