Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Carlin and Cosgriff

Today is comedian George Carlin's birthday. Born in 1937, he would have been 84 today if he hadn't died in 2008.

Although he could be a bit too crude, he had attitude and could be genuinely funny and inspired. Personally, I've always liked him as Rufus in the Bill and Ted movies too. The character had the persona of just being a good guy.

Yet perhaps what I remember most of Carlin was a chapter from his book Napalm and Silly Putty. It was a list of people you cannot trust. Item seven I believe was 'People who wear pins on their hats'. That's funny because, as those who know me know, the hat I wear while curling is loaded with pins.

That explains why my sweepers wouldn't sweep when I called for it I suppose. 

All you non-curlers among my readers, trust me on this one. It's a funny quip.

No comments: