Sunday, October 24, 2021

How would I know?

Charlie Rich was a 1970s country singer of some note. I rather liked him, myself. His two biggest hits as I recall were Behind Closed Doors and The Most Beautiful Girl.

Now, I understand artistic license. Sometimes you have to write or sing things a certain way simply because the words fit, or you are going with the flow of the tune. But one line of Most Beautiful Girl which always jumped out at me was, Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl, that walked out on me?

Well, I don't know, Charlie. How many girls have walked out on you? I mean, most beautiful is comparative, right? What are we comparing this particular girl's looks to: women in general or the women who've walked out on you? I just can't answer the question without knowing that.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments: