Sunday, January 30, 2022

Trivial Pursuit

I like trivia. Interesting little tidbits of truly useless information can be entertaining, and even occasionally enlightening. Still, it's trivia, right? I do wonder sometimes why we take such delight in minutiae, especially completely irrelevant data.

Facebook told me this morning that Matthew Stafford will be the first former Detroit Lions quarterback since Earl Morrall in 1972 to start an NFL Conference Championship game. 

Ok, fine. But I am curious: who actually took the time to determine that question even existed, let alone dig up the answer? Does the NFL have a department of what happened to former Detroit Lions quarterbacks precisely to address such burning issues?

But take a bow, Earl. Apparently you've earned it. As to Mr. Stafford, I doubt he cares.

No comments: