Monday, April 24, 2023

More Good Words

Here's what Jerry, an Amazon reviewer, says about my book The Interim Generation:

"The Interim Generation" is a thrilling addition to the Infinity Series. The author has masterfully crafted a complex and engaging story that seamlessly blends science fiction and political intrigue. The characters are richly developed, and their struggles and triumphs will keep you on the edge of your seat. His writing style is both descriptive and concise, making it easy to visualize the futuristic world he has created. The plot is full of unexpected twists and turns that will leave you guessing until the very end. Overall, "The Interim Generation" is a must-read for fans of the Infinity Series and anyone who loves a good sci-fi adventure.

I can't say how much reading reviews such as these please me; what writer wouldn't be happy? It's particularly satisfying because I didn't think the story was ready to be put 'out there'. 

I actually published Interim on something of a lark. My own opinion was that the story was too loosely constructed and needed to be tighter. I felt it was missing something, some spark which would give it a life of its own. But the little angel on my shoulder said to get it out there, right now. RDon't wait for paperback, (it's only available on Amazon Kindle right now but I'm working on that) just make it available, I was told. And the proof of the pudding? It has the highest average of the three books available in my Infinity series. 

When you hear things such as a 'masterfully crafted...complex and engaging story' with characters 'richly developed' and the style 'both descriptive and concise' of a world 'easy to visualize' a fella starts to think (hope?) that he might actually have a clue to what he is doing. 

The results so far have me considering whether to publish book four now, or whether to wait awhile. Book Four is finished; do I publish it or leave that as a tease?  Well, to tease for a minute, it's a love story about Ben and Natalie, occurring right as the world of Infinity is taking complete hold. Ben believes in the new world; Natalie believes in her and Ben. Their challenges are similar, yet different, from what Michael and Kim and Nathaniel and John face. Sound interesting?

In the meantime, fire up your Kindle and order The Interim Generation here:  Book Three


No comments: