Wednesday, June 21, 2023

An Explosion of Hits

My blog, which all of you have been kind enough to read, had for the last year an average of 50-70 hits per day, and 1500-2000 per month. My all time high was 3,377 hits in a month. 

But readership has spiked, and dramatically. Last week alone I had over 12,000 views. That's better than six percent of my total hits hits since I started in 2008. I'm both surprised and grateful, but I'd love to know how it happened simply so that I could pursue and maintain similar results.

The mildly paranoid part of me wonders if I am somehow being scrutinized. In looking over where the hits are coming from, it seems a great many are from blogs 14-16 years ago, when I was oh so much more serious. At the time I was frequently talking politics and political philosophy. But in looking those old missives I'm not seeing anything horrid. It is what it is I suppose.

Hopefully it means that my name is getting out there as my books sell. My fingers are firmly crossed. Or it could just mean that when folks read that The Sublime to the Ridiculous is the first thing Ron reads every morning people thought, 'Well, if it's right for Ron, it's right for me'.

Thanks old buddy!

No comments: