Saturday, June 22, 2024

Orange Tupperware

I was watering the plants this morning by using a one gallon orange Tupperware jug. It was handy, holding enough water that I only needed to fill it a couple times to complete the chore.

Me family has a history with Kool-Aid and that jug plays into it. I hadn't used that burnt orange plastic cylinder (I have an exotic description clause in my contract which must invoked from time time) myself in twenty five years. But back then it was our go to container for Kool-Aid. We mixed hundreds of gallons of all the various aromatic, fruity delectables (I've been behind on that clause and have to make up for missed opportunities) when the kids were small. At around 15 cents a packet and with a scoop or two of sugar plus tap water, it was a cheap way to add variety to meals and snacks.

Me son Charlie told me awhile back that a school friend of his, I'll call him young Cloyce just to give him a name (those contract clauses get away from you and lawyers have no sense of humor), loved to visit our house. "Your Dad makes the best Kool-Aid!" young Cloyce would tell Charlie. "Good and sweet!"

You know, I take far too much pride in that compliment. You need Kool-Aid? I'm your man.


1 comment:

Paul said...

Yes! Cosgriff Kool-Aid is great!