Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Tiring

It's all so tiring, life, isn't it? Everything in politics is a catastastroke, to use the term me me Grandpa Joe invented Sports are analyzed to death. I just want to see a batting average or win-loss record, that's all. The future is bright but might be dim, depending on who's doing the talking. And in all three cases, there's a wave of detail rolling over you from the ocean of media available.

I understand details, if something's your specialty. But part of the trouble with the world is the constant barrage of them, and from all sides. It's really too much. I'm not sure anyone can get it all down pat.

I wonder if that's the point. I remember a shop foreman I saw frequently when I was delivering me Grandpa Joe's welders. A big sign in his office proclaimed, 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull'. Don't worry about actually making sense. Overwhelm the masses with too much information to readily comprehend, even if it's nonsense. When that doesn't work, well, create a new wave.

Maybe the best thing to do is ignore it all and act on common sense. I think so. And yes, it exists. The rolling tide hasn't erased basic right and wrong from the chalkboard. It certainly doesn't keep us from understanding hits divided by at bats.

No comments: