Monday, June 25, 2018

Five years

Hey Pops, how are you today?

It looks like they finally finished the Logan County courthouse down in Bellfontaine. How long have they been working on it, maybe six, seven years? It's been awhile I know. I gather that 2018 is Bellefontaine's bicentennial and they wanted it ready by the Fourth this year. They got in under the wire.

I took in a Model R on trade last week for ten eight foot cables. Not a bad deal, I don't think. It all depends on what it sells for though, huh? We'll do all right with it.

Mom's doing okay physically but her mind ain't what it used to be. She talks about you all the time, saying that's she's glad we boys took after you. I fancy that by and large we have but that's flattery. I see a lot of you in your grandsons though. The apple doesn't fall too far from the grandtree, maybe?

The Tigers are doing well despite a rebuilding year. They play a home game at 3:15 this afternoon, and who knows why? I can't recall them ever playing at such a time, even on a weekend or holiday let alone on a normal end of June Monday. I'm almost tempted to go...

It's busy at work, so I guess I should go. Five years, eh? Sure don't seem like it.

Until next time,

Marty

No comments: