Saturday, June 30, 2018

Me-too-ism

In my travels, I often drive through Findlay, Ohio. Findlay proclaims itself, 'Flag City USA'. All right, let it be as they say. I have no reason to doubt it, even though I suspect it's just a ruse of some sort.

About 10 miles after Findlay is the little town of Arlington (also in Ohio). The sign welcoming you to Arlington also makes a proclamation. It announces Arlington as 'Flag Village USA'.

You know what I think?

I think Arlington has sibling issues.

Speaking of which, I notice that Detroit this morning has an excessive heat warning as we are facing a potential record high of 96. Fair enough. But then I noticed that Hessel, Michigan, about 320 miles north, has issued a heat advisory. It's supposed to reach 82 up there today.

Really, Hessel? I think that's taking me-too-ism a bit far.

No comments: