Sunday, June 17, 2018

The evil that Marty do

I did it anyway, even though it was pure evil. Call it my Father's Day gift to myself. I blame society anyway. If it hadn't furnished me with inventions such as cell phones with picture taking and internet capability, I couldn't have done it. It's all your fault, society.
It was evil, mind you. Pure evil. When you must duck under clearly marked caution tape and ignore do not trespass signs as well, you know you're doing something wrong. Evil, indeed. But gosh darn it, I'd do it again. In a heartbeat.
I walked onto Wayne Sate University's baseball field, having access because the backstop behind home plate is being replaced, the construction zone guarded by mere caution tape. That is nowhere near good enough to prevent determined evildoers. I walked to within thirty feet of the scoreboard in left field, the same scoreboard which used to adorn the left field wall at old Tiger Stadium here in Detroit. I took a picture of it. Then, to compound my evil, I posted the picture to facebook, taunting WSU. Nya-ha-ha! I thought, as I twirled the old timey curly evil villain mustache I imagined for the moment that I had.
And then I simply walked away. What were the authorities going to do by then, throw me out? I was leaving anyhow.

No comments: