Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Upsized road trips

On the road again...
During a sales trip through Indiana and up into Marshall, Michigan yesterday, I began looking for a place for lunch. As I hadn't eaten at a good old Kentucky Fried Chicken for awhile, I opted for KFC.
Now, I know of course that I don't need any extra food, especially when it's starchy or deep fried. Yet that didn't stop me from asking if the meals could be upsized. "No sir, they just are what they are," the cashier told me.
"Okay, give me the number 4 please," I said.
She began tapping keys on the register. Quickly she asked, "For a dollar would like to add extra potato wedges?"
I love KFC's potato wedges, so in spoken word I replied excitedly, "Yes, please." But in the silent words of my mind I asked, "Then there is a way to upsize the meals, isn't there?"
I mean, really. She didn't know that when I first brought it up?




No comments: