Sunday, July 29, 2018

Time passes

I can't help but feel a little old today. Alan Trammell, my second favorite Detroit Tiger all time, will be inducted into baseball's Hall of fame this afternoon. He made his major league debut in September, 1977. The beginning of my senior year of high school. I remember being at his last game, in September 1996. Twenty-two years in my rear view mirror.
And then just a few minutes ago, my daughter and son-in-law left, on their way to Tucson, Arizona to start the next phase of their lives. To use a variation on an old joke, you teach your kids to become independent human beings, then damn if they don't go and do exactly that.
Well, I get to go to the Tigers game this afternoon, so that will be a good distraction. I can wear my Trammell jersey too. I suppose that's something.

No comments: