Sunday, March 22, 2020

Small world item

Yesterday I drove down to Delaware, Ohio to check out a couple drain shakes. My customers are always in the market for used snakes; consequently, so am I.

I met this plumber at a trade show last month. In truth, I had known him from earlier shows, but this year he mentioned he had two machines for sale. We arranged to meet at his shop so I could check them out.

They looked good and what he wanted was reasonable so I bought them. But the real kicker was that as we talked, it turned out that I've been selling to his brother in the Detroit area for years. They have the same company name even, although that in itself isn't unusual over a country the size of ours.

Nick simply mentioned that his brother Brent owned Emergency Drain in Detroit, and I replied hey, I know him! We even got out our phones to check the numbers we had and yep, I knew his brother.

It can indeed be a small world sometimes.

No comments: