Monday, March 9, 2020

Taking a dare

I'm not always sure what to think about advertising or promotions. They can be timid and they can be strong. Often I'm not sure exactly what they are, or are supposed to mean.

I used to buy a beer at the duty free store when coming home from Canada which enticed its patrons on the cigar band that it was 'remarkably drinkable'. I don't know about you, but I simply cannot imagine why anyone would believe that was a good advertising slogan. Imagine a buddy taking a sip and then remarking, "I say old boy, have you tried this? It is remarkably drinkable." Um, okay.

Today I'm having a spot of tea which commanded that I *dare* to drink it. What, is the next step a double dog dare? Or might we skip the protocols and jump right to the triple dog dare? It isn't like we're sticking our tongue on a cold flagpole.

I'm drinking the tea anyways. I never back down from a dare.

No comments: