Monday, March 29, 2021

Cloyce and the peanut butter muffins

There was this old buddy of mine, I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name, who wasn't the sharpest tack in the box. He didn't mean no harm, but he didn't always think through what he said before the words came out of his mouth. And be honest, and fair to old Cloyce, we all have those moments.

One day his sister in law brought over to him a half dozen freshly baked peanut butter muffins. They were very good too: I had one myself, as I was sitting at the kitchen table visiting. Anyway, after having one over a cup of coffee his sister in law asked, excited to hear what he thought, "So what do you think of the muffins, Cloyce?"

"Oh, I could take  'em or leave 'em," he answered.

"Cloyce," I said, a bit startled myself, "That's no way to thank her for bringing you fresh muffins!"

"Uh, uh, they were good, really good," he quickly stammered.

It was not a good save. 

No comments: