Saturday, March 13, 2021

Cookies (not computer related)

Does McDonald's still have chocolate chips cookies?

I remember years ago - and I'm well beyond the point in my life where I can remember years ago - when they sold these little boxes of little chocolate chip cookies. The boxes were about the size that you buy animal crackers in, and the cookies were these hard, small brown hockey pucks with slivers of what passed as the chocolate chips. But to quote my old friend Rick, they weren't terrible.

The approach of Spring is when we find St. Patrick's Day. With that approach we also find that Shamrock shakes, minty green marvels that they are, become one of those limited time offers at many of the aforementioned McDonald's. And I had found back in the day that those chocolate chip cookies and Shamrock shakes went really well together. Really well.

What a frustrating thing to think at 2:48 in the morning, when there isn't a McDonald's open within an easy drive. And who would want to head out in the wee hours just to get a mint shake and cookies?

That would be me. I won't do it. I only want to. But I do believe that my Saturday mission later in the day will be to find out whether McDonald's does still have chocolate chip cookies to go with a Shamrock shake.

No comments: