Monday, March 22, 2021

Lucky Marty Monday

I decided that I wanted hot dogs this morning. You know, because hot dogs aren't just for breakfast anymore. Plus, I simply wanted a hot dog. My house, my rules.

So I open the freezer and pull out a package. And as I wasn't really paying much attention - how hard is it to fill a pot with water, put in the hot dogs, place it all on the stove and turn a burner on (quiet, Ron) - I set them to cooking while I went to check email and not play solitaire, I swear!

When the dogs were ready I went and got the buns, and then mustard from the fridge. Taking two of the tube steaks from the boiled water, I did then notice something odd. The pot seemed more full than it should have. I began counting the hot dogs.

The two on my plate made two. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...seven left. That meant the pack of eight hot dogs actually had nine! Nine! Nine hot dogs! Count them. Bwa, ha, ha!

I sure hope the rest of the week holds such pleasant surprises. 

No comments: