Thursday, March 18, 2021

Doctors in government are politicians

A year ago Tuesday I posted a social media update which said: 'Let's cancel the media and the government for two weeks and see how long this crisis lasts'. It was in response to what were then the new two week lockdowns to stop the spread of COVID. Oh Facebook, you do know how to dredge up memories.

It caused a stir; there were more than 40 comments to the thread. That's okay. I expected comment or I wouldn't have posted. Most of the comments were against me, and that's okay too. You don't have to agree with me to be friends on my end. 

Anyway, I read through the thread. Among the comments one person opined, "I'd rather trust the doctors than the politicians." All right, if that's what you like. Yet I think you forget that doctors in bureaucracies, that is, doctors in government, are politicians.  They work in bureaucracies which by their natures have agendas which are political: to protect their turf and influence. 

Fauci and the myriad civil servants who began offering 'advice' (knowing such would become orders) without much consideration of what they knew and did not, could not know at the time, are politicians. They had to act, they had to do something, even with far from complete information, because that's what politicians do in crisis. They act. So they acted, harshly and (I will say it) inhumanely toward their fellow man, destroying lives and businesses in the process. The still ongoing process, at least in Democrat held states and a few Republican.

But at least the speaker displayed proper distrust of politicians, I'll give them that. They simply didn't consider all whom were politicians.

We need to develop a healthier distrust of government, which is of course run by, I must stress, politicians, even should they hold medical credentials. Because most anyone, once having become a public servant, can't seem to help bring out the whips and chains. To protect us, of course.




No comments: