Monday, April 12, 2021

Eighth time's a charm

I had just about given up hope. Having always been able to find Chase and Sanborn coffee at Ollie's Bargain Outlet (at least for last three or so years) the well had appeared to run dry. After stops at seven stores across southeast Michigan, it no longer appeared readily available among Ollie's venerable wares. 

Yet on my Sunday drive with me Mom we chose to shop at the Ollie's in Port Huron with renewed if diminished hopes. And lo and behold, there it was: a veritable mother lode of Chase and Sanborn coffee. What's more, they were cans which proclaimed they held 20%, that's twenty percent, mind you, more than their standard cans. So I of course bought two. That means I got forty percent more, right?

About the only negative was when the cashier for some strange reason known only to him and his devils bagged the cans upside down. Upside down? You have to admit that's heathenish. Or at least disrespectful.

All right, it was a long way to go on such a silly quest. But it gave me time with my mother. She's more than worth a drive to Port Huron and lunch at McDonald's.


No comments: