Thursday, April 22, 2021

Spring colors

We all know about fall colors: the reds, yellows, oranges and so forth which come with the autumn of the year. But I never really experienced spring colors until yesterday. 

To be sure, spring has its colors. The various green shades as plants come back to life after winter. There's also the colors of the flowers and flowering trees, which are many and pleasant. But yesterday's late snowfall in southern Michigan and northern Ohio brought in a beauty I never before imagined.

Driving along during the mid-morning, after the sun had been out a few hours, I saw many trees which were green (as the leaves were already appearing) at the top where the sun had already hit. Yet they were the bright and sharp white of the snow lower down, in the shade which the sun hadn't vanquished. It was impressive as I made my way north on I-75 towards home.

It was all in all a pretty vista. But I still hate that we had such a late measurable snow just the same.

No comments: