Friday, April 16, 2021

Mentholiptis

Each day as I've washed my hair this past week I've noticed an odor quite like Hall's cough drops. I could even honestly feel my sinuses opening up. I couldn't figure it out where it was coming from, and it was driving me crazy.

I was checking the pipes. I was checking the water, and the filters on the taps. Yet there was no trouble with the water or any of that. I was brewing coffee and cooking and with no ill effects. Well, other than the usual ill effects of my cooking, but that's another story. 

Then yesterday as I showered I reached for the shampoo, Head and Shoulders for Men (because a man needs a manly shampoo), and saw the label. It was more than just shampoo for men. It was Refreshing Menthol. In my shopping for hair care, I hadn't fully realized exactly what I bought. 

Mystery. Solved. And I don't feel at all stupid about it.


No comments: