Monday, August 22, 2022

Glasses Habit

One of my favorite professors in college - who I won't name as a courtesy although it probably isn't that important - nevertheless had a habit which was distracting. I'm sure it was entirely inadvertent too. I perhaps should have alerted them to it, but timidity, and not wishing to embarrass them, kept me from it.

The professor routinely during lectures would push their glasses up off their nose and in front of their eyes. That's nothing of itself. The issue was that they would invariably do it with their middle finger extended into the bridge of the glasses, as though giving class the bird.

No one seemed to notice, and after awhile I suppose I didn't either. Still, when I did, it became a focal point, and I would have trouble turning my concentration back to the lecture.

It wasn't a big deal, and in retrospect I really ought to have said something. But, I guess, no harm, no foul.

No comments: