Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Who Needs Sleep

We are certainly in the dog days of summer, aren't we? Heat and humidity and stickiness abound, and none of it comfortable. Yet that could not keep me from falling asleep at my desk at hot, humid Shop the other day.

That has actually happened quite a bit over the years at work. When you're hot and sticky at home, you can't sleep. Add the dirt and grime which you naturally pick up while working and it just doesn't seem as though a guy could relax enough to drift off. But sure enough, my head slipped onto my chest that day and I was out. My ringing cell phone woke me about fifteen minutes later.

I remember it happening forty years ago. We'd be working and take a break and bam, me Grandpa Joe is saying let's get back at it. But we only just stopped! 

Anyway, I don't get it. Hot and sticky at home, can't sleep. Hot, sticky, and dirty at work, dozing like a baby. Life makes no sense sometimes.

No comments: