Wednesday, September 14, 2022

For the Love of Candy

There are things which I simply can't understand. Many, many things indeed. Some are important while others are not. In the are not category is the apparent hatred, indeed downright despising, of certain candies. 

Why is there such loathing for candy corn? Sure, it's far too sweet. Yet not, as far as I am concerned, so much so that it invites invective. A few, kernels I suppose, satisfy whatever desire I may have for it to be sure. But to simply toss a bag of it into the trash, as many memes suggest? Save that for kale. 

Black licorice is another sweet treat which is often derided. Now this candy, I will defend heart and soul. What exactly is wrong with it? Good black licorice has a wonderfully subdued molasses flavor. How is that bad? 

Candy corn and black licorice. I ask you, what am I missing? Because I can't see it.

No comments: