Thursday, September 22, 2022

Stoner Michigan

Me son Frank was in town over the weekend, and he mentioned something I hadn't noticed. While many states have legalized marijuana besides our Great Lake State, Michigan has truly taken it to heart. 

Frank remarked to me that billboards for weed stores, sorry, dispensaries, whatever difference that makes, hit you right at the state line, and are many and varied. I hadn't noticed it, despite regular travels with my job that take me into nearby Ohio and Indiana routinely. So as I returned home yesterday from a sales trip, I was keen to look.

I saw while I was still about a tenth of a mile in Ohio that, yep, weed store signs are quite prominent starting smack at the border. They continue for the first several miles up Interstate 75 above Toledo heading towards the D. They are indeed everywhere.

I really don't care if you smoke dope for your recreation. I really don't. But when our state motto has become, "Dude! We got weed!" I'm not that sure we're projecting the best message either. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: