Saturday, August 12, 2023

Righteous Indignation

An old friend of me Pops, I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name, once threw a guy out of his house. But, I think, with good reason.

Cloyce had answered an ad about an insurance policy. An appointment was made and an agent came by.

After the initial pleasantries they sat down at the kitchen table. The agent began, "My cost for giving you an analysis of your insurance needs will be the names and phone numbers of eight friends and family."

Cloyce stared at the man and growled, "Get out of my house."

"But sir," the agent began.

"But nothing," Cloyce responded. "I asked you here to talk about insurance for me, not for you get a down line of potential other customers. I ain't recommending anybody if I don't know if they can do anything for me."

"But..."

"No buts. Get out. There's the door."

The agent left on a huff, but I'm with Cloyce. You have to show me what you can do for me before I can let anyone else know that your product is good.

No comments: