Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Evil That Men Do

I used to be one of 'them'. I would decry the appearance of anything, anything at all, before its proper time on the calendar. But I am no longer one of 'them'. I am my own man.

Yesterday in Wal-Mart I saw Keurig coffee pods. Not just any coffee pods, but flavored coffee. Pumpkin Spice flavor. I bought two 12 packs, anticipating autumn next month when I could properly sip on such a seasonal delight.

Then, today - no! I do not have to wait for fall to enjoy a fall flavor! I will not be made to drink a coffee I like according to another's arbitrary schedule. I bought it: it's mine! I will drink a hot cup of pumpkin spice coffee today. No one can tell me no!

One guess what I'm drinking as I hammer out this blog. I am liberated! I am mad with power!

No comments: