Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Say What?

So this past Monday I went to the Detroit Medical Center for a hearing test. I SAID I...the results weren't bad, but the ENT will call me in a day or two with more detail after he analyzes it.

My reward to me for being such a good boy at the doctor's office was a visit to the Chick-fil-A at Harper Hospital's food court. 

I love Chick-fil-A. Their chicken sandwiches are absolutely the best you can get. But their drive throughs, although generally ran very well, can be daunting. There tend to be long lines of cars. But in the DMC you just stand in line and they run you through pretty quickly. So there are advantages to aging and having to see more doctors more routinely, aren't there?

And of course, right after my all right hearing test, I had to ask the cashier to repeat herself. Not once, but twice even. I couldn't hear her very well.

Yes, there was background noise, which was part of why I wanted to get my ears checked. I've been having issues hearing folks in crowds. But there I was thinking that I wasn't hearing all that poorly and I can't hear what I'm being asked by someone three feet in front of me. Uh, irony?

 

No comments: