Thursday, November 14, 2019

My buddy Ron and Mr. Don Cherry

Don Cherry tells it like it is. If you don't like it, change the channel.

This is a comment from my friend Ron in response to my blog yesterday. I was talking about the firing of hockey legend Don Cherry by Sportsnet in Canada. You can read about it here:

https://thesublimetotheridiculous.blogspot.com/2019/11/buckley-had-it-right.html

What I like about my buddy's comment is that it reminds me of, well, me in the past. Years ago when I would rant about the content of television shows or music on the radio, virtually all of my liberal friends would say, "Marty, if you don't like it, change the channel." Things as they are, it's about the best advice I could get.

Well now, liberal friends, I will second Ron's advice: If you don't like what Don Cherry says, change the channel.

Man, I love throwing people's words in their faces. Thanks, Ron!





No comments: