Sunday, June 14, 2020

Pride goeth

I related a tale of woe to yon reader yesterday, of an admittedly minor hassle I had to deal with. You might refresh your memory here if you like:

https://thesublimetotheridiculous.blogspot.com/2020/06/no-good-deed.html

Yet that does not tell the whole story. I rather wondered even at the time whether God was giving me a minor lesson in humility.

You see, when I decided to go ahead and assemble the customer's machines, I was quite proud of myself and my decision. 'Yeah Marty, you're the man, showing all this consideration for your customer' I was figuratively thinking to myself. 'You know what good customer care is'.

Then the hardware, the parts I needed to set up the second machine, weren't in the box so that I had to go grab them from my supplies. And I can't help think that perhaps the Almighty was sending Marty a message that maybe he shouldn't be quite so happy with himself over simply doing his job well.

I'm giggling at that thought, on no small account that I was a little too proud of me indeed.




No comments: