Friday, June 19, 2020

A curmudgeon moment

Some days the curmudgeon in me gets really ticked off about the lack of basic courtesy and consideration in this world.

As I finished my daily constitutional I opted to go to the local gas station and party store for a bottle of water. They have strawberry Dasani there and I really like it. Anyway, as I arrived there there were, not one, not two, but three cars angled in towards the door. They were blocking easy access to at least four of the gas pumps as well as access to the store. And there were six perfectly good parking spaces wide open to the side.

What, are your legs broken that you can't walk an extra fifteen feet to get your morning joe? Isn't that what our dads would have asked us?

Is your time so precious that you get to make other people walk around your car or maneuver their cars around yours to get gas because you need to save three seconds getting in and out?

The arrogance of some folks really makes my blood boil. Maybe that's why my doctor is now talking about giving me blood pressure meds...


No comments: