Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Curious George and the KC-8

Yesterday morning I was confused (quiet, Ron). I took a call while at home grabbing a sandwich for lunch. The customer was asking if his machine was ready, one which needed a KC-8 gear shaft. Don't worry about what that is (although I'll tell you if you insist; are those crickets?) as it's not important to the story. I told him no, sorry, at which point he asked if he could get it by 2. I said that would be no problem.

The interesting thing is that right before lunch I had finished installing a KC-8 on a machine which I promised for Noon. Yet upon returning to the Shop I saw that I had actually repaired the unit for the guy who had called as I ate. I had repaired the wrong machine. Fortunately I had time to get the other done promptly, before that customer had come for it. Thank goodness for tardiness sometimes.

In any case that allowed me to call the guy from my lunch straight away and tell him he was ready after all and he could come get his machine at his convenience. But as I explained the situation to me brother Phil he remarked, "In other words, you pulled a Curious George."

"Huh?" I asked, further confused.

"You did the wrong thing but it worked out well."

He has a point there, doesn't he?

No comments: