Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The snow fairies

I got out the door early and shoveled the sidewalks this morning. Then I brushed off the cars. I knew it had to happen sometime. It's difficult to escape from some form of winter in the D. But it makes me pine for the days of yore.

There was a time in my life when someone else would do the walks for me. I would politely ask them, with no underlying threats involved whatsoever, and they would take shovels and clear the walk. I would gratefully watch them through the windows with a hot cup of coffee. Or hot chocolate. Or something...warmer. And they would clear the snow.

Our kids are supposed to grow up and go on their own, right? But isn't there a law somewhere that they're still supposed to come home after winter storms and clear our walks? 

Asking for a friend.

No comments: