Wednesday, October 26, 2022

By Jiminy

Yesterday while on the road I stopped by a restaurant which was an old haunt of me Pops. It was early, and I was making good time. He liked the breakfasts there; so do I. The planets aligned.

The waitress remarked that I had a distinct voice. This was actually something I had heard before. Indeed, one wag said I had a voice for the Cartoon Network. I'm still not entirely sure whether I should be angry or complimented.

But to continue. Beth, the waitress, told me she actually recognized the voice yet couldn't quite place it. She would figure it out, she assured me.

Within a few minutes she was refilling my coffee cup and a light lit above her. It was really cool because it was an actual electric light which had flipped on at such an angle from my point of view that it appeared directly above her head as she began to speak. "You sound just like the little helper from Pinocchio, who was it? Yeah, Jiminy Cricket!"

Again, should I be insulted or complimented? Am I an iconic cartoon character or a nagging little bug? I supposed it is nice to be recognized for something though.


No comments: