Saturday, October 15, 2022

Cravings

I rarely crave anything very deeply. At times, yes, but not often. Where do cravings come from anyway? Why are they so powerful? Who knows. But what I do know is that Thursday afternoon along about one o'clock I found myself wanting Arizona Ice Tea with Lemon something awful.

The thing is, although I used to drink it on occasion and did like it well enough, it's been every bit of 20 years since my last sip. Even then it was never a taste I simply had to have. It just seemed like a good option at whatever time it was, in whatever store I was in. But Thursday; I wanted Arizona Tea with Lemon, period. Nothing else, nothing, I stress, would suffice.

I threw the locks on the door of the old barn and drove the four blocks to a party store where I noticed it before and prayed absurdly hard that they had that particular Arizona variety. They did. I bought one 24 ounce can and, on return to the Shop, downed it in 15 minutes. Man, did it taste good. I almost went for another, yet my craving was basically satisfied.

I still have no idea where the desire came from. I don't think I'm pregnant, although I understand from certain corners of that Internet thing that men can be with child. Then too, with the gender fluidity that's getting bandied about, perhaps I am in fact a nubile 24 year old woman. 

That's a joke, such as it is. Yet the craving was very real.

No comments: